Ohhhhhhhhh yeah CyanogenMod 12.1 for Lenovo P70 that's amazing.Fastest and smoothest custom ROM ever developed is CyanogenMod and available for Mediatek based Android device Lenovo P70 with MTK6752.
Almost any user want to have and use CyanogenMod ROM on their Android device but CyanogenMod firmware is specific for some chipset, cpu, so, so... as well as needed to be build for each one individually and that's not easy effort and for thus it not available for every every Android device.
Well, in this post I'll show you How to install CyanogenMod 12.1 on Lenovo P70-A.
It's 64bit for Lenovo's P70 CPU MTK6752 and working amazing, very smooth with great features developed from CyanogenMod.
As I said it's 64bit based ROM and you need first to install Andoid Lollipop 5.1 64bit then CyanogenMod otherwise it will not work.
Warning: Before anything to do make sure you've backed up your files from internal memory like pictures,documents,apps etc. all information will be erased as well as current firmware on your Lenovo P70 when you flash firmware via Sp flash tool.DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
So, let's begin :
download required files:
- Android Lollipop 5.1 64bit for Lenovo P70 - link
- CyanogenMod 12.1 64bit for Lenovo P70 - link
- Sp Flash Tool for Lenovo P70 - link
- Drivers for Lenovo P70 - link
- Gapps CyanogenMod 12.1 64bit for Lenovo P70 - link (put into SDcard or internal memory)
- Root zip - link (put into SDcard or internal memory)
1. After downloading of files, unpack them somewhere.
2. Install at first drivers for Lenovo P70.
3. Then open flashtool exe from (Sp Flash Tool) and load scatter file from (Android Lollipop 5.1) folder.
4. All image files will be loading into Sp flash Tool there's only system.img & boot.img then press Download button and plug in the USB cable to Lenovo P70 and then PC.
5. After flashing of first Android Lollipop 5.1 64bit again make following:
6. Load scatter file from CyanogenMod 12.1 folder and again files loaded then press Download button and plug in the USB cable to Lenovo P70 and then PC.
7. Boot up into Recovery by pressing Volume up + Power button then on screen scroll up to recovery with Volume up and select with Volume down to enter into recovery.
8.It's time to flash from recovery Gapps (It's zip package with Google applications: PlayStore, Google+, Youtube etc.) and Root zip.
Go to install and locate the gapps zip if you put already into external card if not plug USB cable and then copy from PC to Lenovo P70.
Make same for Root zip package!
10.Reboot system and Enjoy!
That's it you now would've CyanogenMod 12.1 on Lenovo P70 :)
If you get an error on Sp Flash Tool PMT changed for the ROM it must be downloaded
try with one of these scatter files:
1. Scatter from firmware Stock Lenovo P70 S134 Android KitKat 4.4 - link
2. Scatter from firmware Stock Lenovo P70 S139 Android KitKat 5.1 - link
3. Some other scatter - link
Here's the video tutorial of installing CyanogeMod 12.1 on Lenovo P70
CyanogeMod Lenovo P70 compiled by Zormax.
Android Lollipop 5.1 64bit by Zormax.
Tutorial by GaDDMaNN
What's not working in this build:
- FM radio
- Engineer menu!